BEGINNERS COURSE – Feb 4th and 5th, 2017 FEEDBACK:
“excellent course and most enjoyable and I learnt a lot – thank you for the effort you and the others put in – I have a rough idea how that commitment goes on things like that” 6/2/17
NEXT COURSE DATES WILL BE ADVISED SOON.
You can email in the meantime to express your interest in our next round. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: $80 per participant, participants must be paid GCABS member ($25 annual fee) prior to course registration.
- Time: 0900 to 1300 each day.
- Venue: CCSS (Currumbin) morning 1, and Club Hives (Nerang) morning 2.
- Course Fee Includes: A copy of the Australian Bee Keeping Manual by Owens and basic morning tea each day.
- Capacity: Participation size capped at 25 individuals.
- Registration: *NOTE membership must be paid and confirmed prior to attempting to register for this course. On Line Course registration will close about two weeks prior to course. Payment of course fee $80 required by before the course begins. Late registrations / walk ins cannot be accepted.
- Instructions and other requirements: Full details will be emailed to all registrants the weekend prior to the course.
This course will run over 2 consecutive mornings Sat & Sun . It will present the skills a beginning beekeeper needs to get started with a hive. The $80 fee also includes a take home copy of the Bee Keeping Manual. At the conclusion of the course beginners will have also met several of the GCABS Club members who will assist with practical activities over the 2 mornings. The aim is for participants to attain a level of understanding to move on to purchasing their own hive (Nucleus or brood with super). Participants will need basic protective clothing (advised on enrollment).
To become a member, please see *’Membership’*.
To register for the next course please return here later or email your interest to email@example.com
(NOTE: you must be a paid member before you try to register for the course).
Monthly Management Committee Meeting 6:30 pm
Monthly Management Committee Meeting
Aug 1 @ 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
GCABS Management Committee Meeting Committee Members and ordinary club members meet monthly on the first Tuesday to discuss business and plan upcoming events. locations vary: TBA by Secretary. Please forward suggestions for the agenda to[...]