BEGINNERS COURSE – October 21 and 22, 2017 FEEDBACK:
“excellent course and most enjoyable and I learnt a lot – thank you for the effort you and the others put in – I have a rough idea how that commitment goes on things like that” 6/2/17
NEXT COURSE DATES OCTOBER 21 and 22 , 2017
Register here : https://goo.gl/forms/e6oXTPXafSDUxEMb2
- Cost: $80 per participant, participants must be paid GCABS member ($25 annual fee) prior to course registration.
- Time: 0900 to 1300 each day.
- Venue: CCSS (Currumbin) morning 1, and Club Hives (Nerang) morning 2.
- Course Fee Includes: A copy of the Australian Bee Keeping Manual by Owens and basic morning tea each day.
- Capacity: Participation size capped at 25 individuals.
- Registration: *NOTE membership must be paid for 2017 – 2018, $25 per family.
- On Line Course registration will close about two weeks prior to course. Payment of course fee $80 required by before the course begins.
- Late registrations / walk ins cannot be accepted because we need to order supplies in avance.
- Instructions and other requirements: Full details will be emailed to all registrants the weekend prior to the course.
This course will run over 2 consecutive mornings Sat & Sun . It will present the skills a beginning beekeeper needs to get started with a hive. The $80 fee also includes a take home copy of the Bee Keeping Manual. At the conclusion of the course beginners will have also met several of the GCABS Club members who will assist with practical activities over the 2 mornings. The aim is for participants to attain a level of understanding to move on to purchasing their own hive (Nucleus or brood with super). Participants will need basic protective clothing (advised on enrollment).
To become a member, please see *’Membership’*.
To register for the next course please see https://goo.gl/forms/e6oXTPXafSDUxEMb2